Eagle Renovation Committee
December 5, 2006
of the previous meeting
of the next meeting
for review by the Renovation Committee and to inform owners about
approval of these minutes will be made at the next committee meeting.
Participating in the meeting from the Renovation Committee:
Other members of the Board who also participated:
The meeting began at 6:05pm CST and ended at 6:35pm
Summary of topics discussed:
- o Still need 3 more days to finish the
project including sealing up the gutters and putting the heat tape
back in. Because of the snowstorms during the last few weeks the work
was delayed. The weather looks good next week and it is anticipated
the roof will be finished the end of next week (Dec 15th).
- o One week in January the lockers will be
installed. They will be built off site and then brought up one locker
at a time and screwed together.
- o Each locker will be 7' tall and owners will
be able to finish the interior of their own locker.
- o All units have now installed gas fireplaces
so the chimneys can and will be shortened as part of the renovation.
- o Mike Lindseth and Darnell Boehm had a
meeting the morning of Tuesday December 5th with the banker. There
were a few issues with the loan documents so they are meeting again
on Wednesday December 6th agree all open the issues and sign the loan documents.
- o Darnell has been meeting with city planner,
- o He intends to go to the city the last week
in December or 2nd week in January for approval. The date we go to
the city depends on when the final drawings get finished.
- o Darnell Boehm met with tub vendor and got 2
bids, one for a smaller tub than we have now and one for a larger
one. He is waiting for a bid for a tub that is the same size as our
- o He also asked them to find a cover and
mechanical system to lift cover out of the way that is easy to use.
- o We can order the tub in March and it will
be delivered June 1st, which is the time Travis would be ready for it.
- Water Heaters
- o Fiona will look into getting more
competitive bids for replacing the water heaters
- o It was voted and approved that all old
water heaters must be replaced either before or during the
renovation. (6 owners have the old water heater presently).
- o Darnell is getting pricing for the optional
windows/sliding door replacement and a letter to order new
windows/sliding doors will be sent out soon. A decision is needed by
February 15th and 100% of the money will be due on April 15th with
the first assessment.
- o Brick Red was decided as the color for the
door and window frames. For those who choose not to replace their
windows/patio doors, the existing fames will still be painted to match.
- o The committee voted and agreed to not allow
French doors instead of sliding doors.
- o Internet is up and working reasonably well
in the A building. The speed is 1/3 of what is advertised so we plan
to have Quest come out and fix it.
- o Building B has a very weak signal. If the
signal does not improve once Quest comes out, may have to have a
separate connection in each building.
- o Darnell will be sending 3 letters to all
- 1. Prices and order information for doors and windows
- 2. Hot water heaters
- 3. Cost for standard bathroom remodel. (The
committee will only give information about the bathroom prices; they
are not going to be in charge of coordinating it with Travis. That
will be the responsibly of each owner)
**Reminder that the first assessment is due April
15th and all owners MUST pay in full. The project may be delayed if
all the money has not been received**