Eagle Renovation Committee
February 7, 2007
of the previous meeting
of the next meeting
for review by the Renovation Committee and to inform owners about
approval of these minutes will be made at the next committee meeting.
Participating in the meeting for the Renovation Committee:
- Others who also participated:
The meeting began at 6:05pm CST and ended at
Summary of topic discussed:
- o They are finished and look great!
- o Each owner is responsible for their own
locks and are able to finish the inside as they wish.
- o Lockers all have unit numbers on them.
- o We plan to carpet the area but do not
intend to paint it.
- o The locker contractor wanted $600 more
after the project was finished to cover materials. The committee
decided that the initial contract was fair and decided not to pay him
the additional $600.
- o All the new ones have been installed and
the old ones have been removed.
- o The installer couldn't believe the old ones
hadn't leaked yet.
- o No water heaters have pan, they didn't fit
in the closets.
- o Internet has been set up in both buildings.
- o The signal in the B building is not a
strong as the A building but is slightly faster.
- o If you are unable to connect to the
internet the modem needs to be reset. Please call the following
people to reset the modem, Do NOT call Qwest!
- Darnell 970-453-1775
- Mountain Managers 970-668-3174
- Wrights (to reset A building, Condo A-23) 970-453-4089
- o We are moving both gas meters for the A and
B building for safety reasons.
- o There may be a cost between $10,000 and
$15,000 to move the meters.
- o Darnell is going to try to fight this
charge since they are being moved for safety reason.
- o The committee decided if we still have to
pay to move the meters it will still be done because of the safety factor.
- o Darnell got a quote to remove the retaining
wall and replace with rock for $10, 400.
- 2,000 to remove wall
- 8,400 to replace with rocks
- o Jerry's company will beat that quote and
will perform the work
- o We will be hiring college kids, Darnell's
son being one of them, to help with the labor. This will save us on
labor cost significantly.
- o They will dig the trench under the B
building, paint doors and windows that aren't being replaced, remove
the hot tub structure, and remove retaining wall.
- o They will be employed under Jerry's company.
- They will have worker's compensation.
- They will be considered subcontractors for Jerry.
- They will be responsible for their own taxes.
- o Travis has approved them being there and
they will be covered under Travis's liability.
- They will be required to wear hard hats,
safety glasses, and follow Travis's safety program at all times.
- o Darnell will pay them directly because he
will be the one to monitor when they work.
- o Darnell has talked to 9 out of 19 owners.
He will be calling the remainder by February 15th
- o Just a reminder that if you choose not to
have your doors/windows replaced during the renovation you will be
responsible on your own to replace them if need be after the renovation.
- This will cost much, much more if you choose
to do it later b/c the exterior rock/planks will also have to be
fixed after the windows/doors are installed
- The committee believes you will be saving
money if you choose to do it now instead of waiting. And the entire
renovation committee highly suggests replacing your doors and windows
at this time.
- o We have received a final bid for a
stainless steel tub.
- o We will be saving the exiting filter but
replacing everything else
- o After researching tub covers, at this time,
we have not found a better cover than what we have now. The tub is
much larger than the standard tub and needs to be in 2 pieces.
- o We are going to order the tub with out a
cover and continue to research cover options.
- By ordering the cover separately we can also
- o Travis has not found a rock that is ripped
thin like we want but is still looking.
- o Breckenridge highly suggested spaying for
pine needles to save the trees.
- o Darnell has called contractors to get bids,
he is still waiting on final bids
- o One contractor put us on the schedule for
May, which is the best time to spray.
- o It should last about 5 years.
- o Darnell has been using he own money for
- o Jerry will approval all
bills/reimbursements and Darnell will reimburse himself.
- o During the construction project cancel your
phones. There is no need to pay the phone bill when the phones are unused.
- o Darnell will keep his phone line on so the
superintendents can us it for faxes.
- o The committee agreed to reimburse Darnell
for the phone bill charges during the project.
- o A letter will be sent out mid-March
detailing what needs to be done to prepare for construction.
- o The committee discussed offering a service
to prepare condos for construction
- It was decided that owners are responsible
for own preparation.
- o The committee discussed offering a storage
unit for owner's to store their valuables.
- It was decided that owners are responsible to
find their own storage.
- If you would like to share a unit with
another owner that has been coordinated on your own
- o The lockers in the building could be used
to store some things
- o Travis is thinking about using an out of
- o If anyone would like to rent out their unit
for $1,000/month during the construction project to these
construction workers please call Darnell.
The committee also has approved the minutes of
the two previous meetings.
Renovation Committee Secretary