Eagle Renovation Committee
March 6, 2007
of the previous meeting
of the next meeting
for review by the Renovation Committee and to inform owners about
approval of these minutes will be made at the next committee meeting.
The minutes of past meetings have been approved.
Participating in the meeting for the Renovation Committee:
Others who also participated:
The meeting began at 6:05pm CST and ended at
Summary of topic discussed:
- Their bid process is very detailed and are
planning on having the bids in by the end of March
- The procedure is to have a minimum of 2
subcontractor bids for each area of work.
- Travis will review all bids with Darnell
- Travis may not always recommend the lowest
bidder but will be sure to justify the reasons why.
- Travis has found 2 samples of moss rock.
Darnell and Fiona will meet with Travis to decide between the two.
- Drawings for details for the footings and
enclosure for the roof need to be submitted to Breckenridge for
permits. The architect is working on these details
- Darnell and Mike found out that our insurance
- We only have $3 million and it is recommended
to have $300 per SF for replacement
- We will increase our insurance to $5.8
million to insure we have enough insurance coverage.
- 6 months ago Comcast said they would pay 100%
of the cost to get cable in every bedroom.
- Darnell questioned what we would need to do
to get this offer and they wanted all 19 owners to sign up for cable,
internet, and phone services through them. We would not agree to that
- Comcast did agree to pay for the trenching
from the A and B building for the new cable, a control box on the B
building, and the new cable. We will have to pay for the installation
of the cable and the jack in each bedroom.
- Hot Tub
- Everything has been ordered but the cover
- Since we have a commercial size tub we need
to have depth tile markers and steps a different color. Darnell has
chosen a grey tub with black tile
- We are still researching hot tubs covers and
will keep the one we have until we have a new solution.
- We are looking into a 3 or 4 piece cover with
- The two covers we are looking more closely at
are tapered or aluminum.
- More information about the covers is needed
before we can be sure they will be a better solution than our present one.
- New Gas Service
- Since the Excel gas service wasn't put in
until the 90's we won't be required to put in a new service now.
- We were hoping to enclose the B building
electric meters. However, Excel won't allow us to enclose any
- We have to put gable roofs over the meters
- Fiona will decide on colors for the hardy
planks and stain on the 2nd and 3rd exterior levels once the stone
has been decided
- We are planning on making the hallways
brighter and not so boring.
- Carpet and paint are being looked into
- Leak in Ceiling of A23
- Believe the leak may caused from the deck of
A33, because there is no flashing, the patio door, or the siding.
- Darnell told Travis to find the problem and
temporary fix it.
- Do not believe the roof is the cause of the leak
- One unit hasn't paid for their water heater
yet. If it is not collected we will be forced to take further action
- The only way for this renovation to work is
for everyone to pay on time. We have no choice but to take further
action if an owner is late because there is no extra money in the
budget. If you are having problems paying please let us know and we
will help you with financing options.
- Remember that the more you take out of your
unit during the construction process the safer you are.
- We will NOT be responsible for anything left
in a unit
- We will be going around to all units on
Sunday April 22 and taking pictures of the conditions of each unit
before turning them over to Travis.
- Jessie called a few storage places in the
Breckenridge area. The one that seemed to have the more available
space was All Valley Storage. They have storage units located in
Breckenridge, Frisco, and Silverthorne. The website is www.allvalleystorage.com.
- 5x5 unit is $50/month with $25 deposit
- 5x10: $83/month with $25 deposit
- 10x15: $169 with $50 deposit
- 10x20: $199 with $50 deposit
Renovation Committee Secretary