County still occupied most of Eastern Kentucky in 1818.
1818 Munsell Map, Robertson Fork is now Robinson Creek, Beans
Creek is now Beaver Creek, and Morgans Fork is now Left Beaver
Creek. Details of maps during this period were typically copied
from other maps, with little up-to-date information by the printer.
The only town in this large section of over 3,600 sq. miles in
Eastern Kentucky was Prestonsburg, with a total population of
100, including ten slaves and one free colored person. A view
of the full map of this region also shows small settlements at
Licking Station and Burning Springs in present-day Magoffin County.