Wiley State Park
of September 15-17, 2006
to the Samuel May House
Hatcher, president of Friends of the Samuel May House,
reunion guests at the historic
home of Samuel May [1783-1851]
James May [1819-1883], moved into the
about 1842 and members of his family lived there into the 20th Century.
1996 two great grandsons of William James May,
H. May and his brother, E.B. May, Jr.,
the Samuel May House to the City of Prestonsburg
that it could be restored and become a living history museum.
oldest house in the valley | Restoration
College campus is now on the old May farm
to reunion photo album
1985 photo before the
restoration of the house
May farm in 1936
The house is marked with
an X in the center.
Viewed from the May
cemetery and facing the river.
In the foreground is the
gravel county road to Auxier.