Elijah B. Auxier

Elijah Brown Auxier (1840-1910), son of Samuel Auxier, pioneer settler of Blockhouse Bottom. A farmer and timber dealer, Elijah B. Auxier owned all the land on which the Town of Auxier was built. His wife was Margaret Richmond (1837-1910). Elijah B. Auxier and Margaret Richmond were the parents of Dora Auxier May, wife of Johnny Powers May. The Town of Auxier received its name when the C. and O. Railroad bought right-of-way from Auxier and erected a station at that point on the line. (Photo courtesy of David Hereford of Prestonsburg.)

Return to Floyd County Album

© 1997 DMF Software