May House, Summer 1997
The Samuel May House in North Prestonsburg, Kentucky, is the oldest brick house in the Big Sandy Valley. Built in 1817, it is owned by the City of Prestonsburg and managed by the Friends of the Sameul May House, Inc. The property was donated to the city by E. B. May, Jr. and W. H. May of Prestonsburg, sons of Elijah B. May and descendants of William James May, the second owner of the house. In the Fall of 1996 and the Spring of 1997, the house was restored by the City of Prestonsburg and the Friends of the May House, using a $400,000 grant from the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.

End of photos in this May House Tour

Return to May House Tour Index

© 1997 DMF Software